31 December 2011

New Year, New Resolutions and Reading Challenges



Since it's the start of another new year, it's time for the new resolutions, goals, and of course the hosted and personal reading challenges.  I didn't give myself any reading challenges last year since I was still working my graduate degree, so I've decided to do it big this year because I didn't last year (and because I only work part time so I have a lot of reading time on my hands).  2012 is going to be a great year for books and I'm super excited and grateful to be a part of the book blogging community.  So without further ado, here is what 2012 is going to look like:

Hosted reading challenges:

1.  The Debut Author Challenge hosted by Kristi @ the Story Siren:  Even though it's only required to read 12 debut novels, I'm hoping to read a lot more.

2.  Off the Shelf reading challenged hosted by Bookish Adour:  I'm all about this challenge.  I buy more books than I could possible read and I know a lot of other book bloggers do as well.  It's a problem.  So the only books that are supposed to be included in this challenge are those books that you have bought in 2011 or before.  I'm going to set my sights high and set my level to "On a Roll" and hope that I can read 50 of the books that I bought this past year that are just sitting on my self.

Personal reading challenges:

1.  Read more ebooks: I have a nook and I don't use it as much as I should.
2.  Don't overwhelm myself with the amount of books that I accept for review.  Enough said.
3.  Read 100 books this year in total!
4.  Keep up with my blog and all my reviews.  Enough said there too!

Personal goals:

1.  Stick to the "Change Write Now" project.
2.  Work out more and strive for a healthier lifestyle.
3.  Do a half-marathon and a mud run.
4.  Save more money.
5.  Buy less books (ya right, haha).
6.  Go to more author signings.
7.  Make more real life friends.

I wish all the best of luck to those with New Year's resolutions and with their reading challenges.  Be excited for all the books next year and Happy New Year!!

1 comments:

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Happy new year! I've been wondering where you've been!!!! Glad you're going to keep up with the blog :) I've missed you<33

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs