21 August 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (97)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!

Title: The Troop
Author: Nick Cutter
Hitting the Shelves: January 07, 2014

Boy Scouts live by the motto “Be Prepared.” However, nothing can prepare this group of young boys and their scoutmaster for what they encounter on a small, deserted island, as they settle down for a weekend of campfires, merit badges, and survival lessons.

Everything changes when a haggard stranger in tattered clothing appears out of nowhere and collapses on the campers’ doorstep. Before the night is through, this stranger will end up infecting one of the troop’s own with a bioengineered horror that’s straight out of their worst nightmares. Now stranded on the island with no communication to the outside world, the troop learns to battle much more than the elements, as they are pitted against something nature never intended…and eventually each other.

Why I want this: The cover is totally unsuspecting but I've heard this is the horror novel to be watching for.  I've also heard that it's absolutely terrifying which means I totally want to read it! 

1 comments:

Kelly @ Books and Beauti said...

Whoa.. this sounds intense! I'm not a huge fan of horror because I tend to have nightmares but this sounds like it could be really good! Great pick!

Kelly @ Dandelion Dreams
My WoW

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs