08 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Unique Books I've Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme of lists hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is the top ten books that we've read that we think are the most unique. The books that I chose are not necessarily unique as in there are no others like them, but I definitely thought they were unique when I first read them.  Or they are standouts in their genres.  

1. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan: I don't read very many zombies books but The Forest of Hands and Teeth stood out to be because it's all about how people have survived all these years later.  Even though, for me, the series went a little downhill, the first book is pretty great!

2. I Know it's Over by CK Kelly Martin: I Know it's Over is a contemporary novel about teenage pregnancy and abortion told from the guy's perspective.  Seeing how a guy feels in a situation like this is what really made this novel stand out for me. 



3. Unwind by Neal Shusterman: I have certainly never read a book like this before ever! Talk about a completely new twist on abortion and what makes a person's life worthwhile.  The unwinding scene is probably one of the creepiest scenes I've ever read! 

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: I chose The Hunger Games for this list because I really believe it was unique when it was first released.  And even though other books try as they might, there is still nothing like The Hunger Games.



5. Identical by Ellen Hopkins: There are a lot of books out there that are written in free verse but Identical was the first one that I've read so, to me, it stands out as being unique. 

6. Skeleton Creek by Patrick Carman: I really love this series and what makes it unique is the mixed media it uses to tell the story.  While you're reading the book you'll get to parts where you have to go online to the website it gives you and put in the password that they also give you and watch the video. And you have to watch the videos because they are so important to the story. The story is pretty creepy and scary.



7. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: These books are so unique and have so many elements that normally would be really weird but somehow they really work! Cyborgs, moon people and fairy tale characters! It's so awesome! 

8. Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano: Perfect Ruin takes place in a community that is in the clouds. In. The. Clouds. It is so good! I'm so excited to see what happens next for these cloud people. 

9. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness: To even try to explain this book would make me sound crazy but I've truly never read any book like it.  

10. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom: I pretty much cried through every page of this book and even though I read it ten years ago, it still stays with me. 

3 comments:

fishgirl182 said...

I still need to read Skeleton Creek. I think the videos would make the whole thing much scarier.

Unknown said...

I agree with you on the Hunger Games. It has become so popular that everyone knows about it and it kind of takes away from it's uniqueness but HG was what began the craze and nothing has beaten it.

-Mari

birthstone necklace wholesale germany said...

I have certainly never read a book like this before ever! Talk about a completely new twist on abortion and what makes a person's mens wedding bands wholesale uk , pandora bracelet canada , life worthwhile. The unwinding scene is probably one of the creepiest scenes I've ever read!

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs