26 March 2013

Review: Onxy

Title: Onyx
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #2
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Source: Purchased

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard.

Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.

My thoughts:

I love this series! Love, love, love this series! I was somewhat of a late comer to the Luxen because I can honestly say that their original covers turned me away. After multiple bloggers told me to get on it I felt like I had no choice but to finally pick it up. And I am so glad that I did! When I was around middle school/early high school I really loved that show called Roswell! Ever since then UFO's, Roswell, NM and stories about aliens have always intrigued me.  So for me, the Lux series is definitely great because it has that Roswell feel!

What really makes the Lux series exciting to read is that there is always something going on! Some kind of adventure, mysterious plot development and very suspicious behavior by some sketchy characters! I'm always on the edge of my seat! No doubt Onyx had all this and more! Since Katy has developed some of Daemon's alien power, her life is crazier than ever and now a new guy at entered the picture vying for her attention.  I would say it's a love triangle but, honestly, Daemon has no competition! I knew this new guy was sketchy all along and that it was just a matter of time before Katy admitted that she's in love with Daemon.

I don't know what it is about Daemon but he is one of the hottest guys I've ever read! Every time he calls Katy "kitten" I just MELT!!! I love every word he says and that he's not afraid to admit that he's in love with Katy! Even though his temper is a little off-putting, he is still in my top 10 book boyfriends!

I'm telling you, if you have not read this series yet, you need to get on it! It's one of my favorites right now and has also made Jennifer L. Armentrout one of my favorite authors!


2 comments:

fishgirl182 said...

haha glad you enjoyed this one, crystal. i still need to read book 3. yes, daemon is super hot.

Alexa said...

I really didn't care too much about the first book in this series. I'm hoping that the second book will fill in a lot of things that I felt were just lacking in the first book. I'm not a huge Daemon fan so he has yet to win me over... plus a love triangle was not where I was hoping this book would go..sigh.

OH well I shall have to give it a try before I give up on this series.
Thanks for the great review, glad you are loving this series!

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs