14 November 2013

Review: Game by Barry Lyga

Title: Game
Author: Barry Lyga
Series: Jasper Dent #2
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Source: Purchased
Find it Here: Goodreads, Amazon

Billy grinned. “Oh, New York,” he whispered. “We’re gonna have so much fun.”

I Hunt Killers introduced the world to Jazz, the son of history’s most infamous serial killer, Billy Dent.
In an effort to prove murder didn't run in the family, Jazz teamed with the police in the small town of Lobo’s Nod to solve a deadly case. And now, when a determined New York City detective comes knocking on Jazz’s door asking for help, he can’t say no. The Hat-Dog Killer has the Big Apple–and its police force–running scared. So Jazz and his girlfriend, Connie, hop on a plane to the big city and get swept up in a killer’s murderous game.

My thoughts:

Game is the second book in the Jasper Dent series and sequel to I Hunt Killers. I’m going to try my hardest to make this review as spoiler free as possible! Okay, so that’s not going to happen and there are going to be a few spoilers from the first book.

Game takes off relatively close to where I Hunt Killers ends and just dives right back into Jasper Dent’s crazy life. Because of all the help that Jazz was able to give to his local police department, a detective from New York would like his help catching a serial killer that has been roaming the streets of New York City. The detective believes that there’s nothing really special about this killer but Jazz might think that his father is really the one behind all these murders. Of course, in typical Jazz style, he goes off on his own mission and ends up in quite the predicament which make the ending such a crazy cliffhanger and so OMG!!!

Game has all the same main characters as I Hunt Killers which is awesome because Howie is just so funny! But we don’t get very much of Howie because he doesn't accompany Jazz to New York City. Connie is an okay character and I don’t think she really adds a lot to the story. I would have to say that some of my favorite parts were the short chapters from the point of view of the anonymous killer. Those parts were just very gruesome, disturbing and very creepy.

Even though I did feel like some parts of the book were a little slow, I enjoyed the story very much. The last few chapters just had me on the edge of my seat and I can’t wait to find out what happens to Jazz in the next book!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs