11 March 2011

Review- Blood Promise

***Warning: May contain SPOILERS!!!***


Title: Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4)
Author: Richelle Mead
Published: 25 August 2009
Pages: 503 (hardcover)
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis provided by Goodreads.com:

How far will Rose go to keep her promise?

The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir's Academy was the deadliest ever in the school's history, claiming the lives of moroi students, teachers and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them...including Dimitri.

He'd rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa-the one she has sworn to protect no matter what-and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves the most?


My thoughts:

This is one of the best vampire series out there: forget the House of Night, Blue Bloods and even Twilight. This is where it's at!!! Richelle Mead has such a way with words and is amazing at just plain story telling. She makes you hate them, then love them, then hate them and love them all over again. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but when I finished the third book, Shadow Kissed, I was so upset I wanted to rip up the book and throw it into traffic and let the cars run over the pages. I was so mad. I love this series so much that I was upset about it for days and I knew I could not start Blood Promise until I calmed myself down. With a little encouragement from my mom (who has read the entire series) I picked up the fourth book and I sure am glad I did.

This book is AMAZING!!!!! It's like I was holding my breath the whole time I was reading it. I stayed up nights reading and reading (it's pretty long) because I just had to know what happened in the end. And the thing is, Mead is such a good writer that you can see Rose's pain and anguish just pouring off the pages. I wanted to cry for her in almost every chapter! She even made me want to punch Dimitri in the face because even I wanted Rose to turn Strogoi so that they could be together forever. But then I came to my senses and when she staked him it practically ripped my heart out. I also really liked the whole spin Mean put on the series with her father.

At least the end of Blood Promise did not leave me so upset as did Shadow Kissed. The little amount of hope that it left had me jumping up and down, running around the house just after I finished the last page haha.

Questions I hoped will be answered by the end of the series:
1. Will Dimitri be healed back to his normal self?
2. Why are there so many spirit users?
3. Can Rose and Lissa figure out a way to keep their madness under control?
4. Is Rose going to have to choose between Dimitri and Adrian?
5. Is Rose ever going to graduate?

My recommendations, reader friends? Read this series. It will not let you down!

1 comments:

*Melissa* said...

YAAY so glad i found another VA fan!!! I love love love VA.

This book was complete heart ache for me I agree with you on your review.. I mean i was considering Rose turning to a strigoi to be with Dimitri too how twisted is that. Richelle has a way of making me sad happy and breaking my heart and tearing it too pieces and still loving her while she's doing. I think this is such an amazing series!

That bridge scene was something else and I loved seeing Rose not be okay after shadowkissed. I liked that Richelle made Rose all broken in a way. It would have been wrong if she was normal quit witted rose. I can't gush enough about this series!! New Follower!

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs