11 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (44)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!

Title: The Raft
Author: S.A. Bodeen
Hitting the Shelves: August 21, 2012

Robie, 16, lives with her family on the Midway atoll, a group of islands in the middle of the Pacific. Her parents are scientists; it’s an isolated life. Robie enjoys visiting her aunt in Hawaii – she gets back and forth on a cargo plane that brings supplies to Midway.

During a visit, her aunt is called to the mainland for a work emergency, leaving Robie to get home on her own. On her flight back to Midway the cargo plane hits nasty weather, and goes down. It’s just Robie, the pilot, and Max, a co-pilot she’s never met till this flight, on board. Robie is pulled aboard a raft by Max, who is injured and slipping in and out of consciousness. They have a bag of candy and very little water between them. When they finally reach an island that seems abandoned, Robie hopes they’ll be found quickly. But she’s not sure she was even on the flight manifest. Her parents must be looking for her…aren’t they?

In THE RAFT, S.A. Bodeen creates a hair-raising suspense story that will have readers agonizing over the same question as Robie -- how long can they survive?

This book sounds crazy intense and I can't wait to read it!!

What are you waiting for? 

14 comments:

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Ohhh this sounds like a good one! I'll have to check it out, I haven't heard of it before now!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Michelle Santiago said...

yup, definitely sounds like a crazy-intense read. count me in! :)

My WoW this week.

-michelle

Tiffany Drew said...

This is on my list too :) It looks awesome! I wish we didn't have to wait so long for it's release though. Excellent choice!

Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

Lucy said...

This does sound intense! I'll be looking for this one in August. Great pick!

Erica said...

This one looks brilliant! I cannot wait for it.

Unknown said...

I read her book, The Compound, which was super creepy and well-written. Am excited to learn about this one, thanks!

We Need Reads said...

thanks for stopping by the blog! this one sounds insane!

Ashley said...

Sounds creepy and delightful. Haha :) Looking forward to this one myself.

Here's mine
Glitter Lit

Jessirae said...

I've seen this book somewhere before! It looks like a really awesome read. It seems like a book that will keep you on edge. Awesome pick this week :]

My WoW

Mimi Valentine said...

Oh my gosh!!! *shivers* Just the synopsis for this book is enough to give me chills! x) I'm totally looking for a crazy-intense suspenseful book, so I really want to read this book now too!

Awesome pick for your WOW, Crystal! And that cover? Very creepy-cool & very fitting -- I love it! :) <3

Diana said...

wow! this sounds intense! Where do I sign up??? :)

Traci @ The Reading Geek said...

Great choice! I am looking forward to this one as well. It sounds really good.

Thanks for stopping by my post!

Karen L. said...

This one does sound intense! The girl on the cover kinda creeps me out, though :)

Lindsay Cummings author said...

want want want want want!!!!

stop by my post? I have a giveaway! :)

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-tooth-and-nail-wow.html

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs