07 February 2013

Review: Burn for Burn

Title: Burn for Burn
Author: Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
Series: Burn for Burn #1
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Source: Library

BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY...
THEY GET EVEN.

Lillia has never had any problems dealing with boys who like her. Not until this summer, when one went too far. No way will she let the same thing happen to her little sister.

Kat is tired of the rumours, the insults, the cruel jokes. It all goes back to one person– her ex-best friend– and she's ready to make her pay.

Four years ago, Mary left Jar Island because of a boy. But she's not the same girl anymore. And she's ready to prove it to him.

Three very different girls who want the same thing: sweet, sweet revenge. And they won't stop until they each had a taste.

My Thoughts:

As soon as I heard that Jenny Han was writing another book and that it was going to be another series I knew I was going to read it and that I was going to love it! I definitely loved Burn for Burn and I didn't mind the shifting perspectives. At first I got the characters kind of confused but I caught on pretty quickly.
 
I was so excited to hear that this book was going to be about girls who get revenge on those who had wronged them! For the longest time I've wanted to read a Mean Girls style book and Burn for Burn gave me just what I had been looking for. Of course, I wasn't expecting the Carrie-style scene at the end but that just made it more awesome! So the three girls: Lila, Kat and Mary. Lila wants revenge on the boys who can’t take no for an answer, Kat wants revenge on her gossip spreading ex-bestie from middle school and Mary wants revenge on the guy whom she liked but humiliated her so bad she moved away. I think those are all pretty valid reasons for revenge. And it’s pretty genius that they worked it out so one of the other girls gets revenge on the person instead of them and that they all eventually have a hand in it. Oh and did I mention that the book takes place on an island? It’s called Jar Island and they’re the people that stay after all the tourists leave. 

I really did love this book. I felt like I was in on all the revenge planning and rooting them on or crossing my fingers that they wouldn't get caught while they were exacting their plans! But now I’m wondering if there is going to be a supernatural element added because there is definitely something strange going on with Mary. I want to make a prediction and say that she is actually living alone and that she ran away from her parents. This is definitely the Mean Girls/Heathers book I was looking for and I was not disappointed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs