19 February 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (106)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!

Title: Fiendish
Author: Breanna Yovanoff
Hitting the Shelves: August 14, 2014

Clementine DeVore spent ten years trapped in a cellar, pinned down by willow roots, silenced and forgotten.

Now she’s out and determined to uncover who put her in that cellar and why.


When Clementine was a child, dangerous and inexplicable things started happening in New South Bend. The townsfolk blamed the fiendish people out in the Willows and burned their homes to the ground. But magic kept Clementine alive, walled up in the cellar for ten years, until a boy named Fisher sets her free. Back in the world, Clementine sets out to discover what happened all those years ago. But the truth gets muddled in her dangerous attraction to Fisher, the politics of New South Bend, and the Hollow, a fickle and terrifying place that seems increasingly temperamental ever since Clementine reemerged.

Why I want this: I liked Paper Valentine, Yovanoff's previous novel, although I think it could have been more mysterious.  I'm hoping this book is as creepy as it looks and sounds! Here's to hoping! 

1 comments:

Read. Write. Ramble. said...

I haven't read anything by Brenna Yovanoff yet, but this sounds really good! I love the cover, and I also hope this book is as creepy as it looks and sounds. :)
My WoW
-Rachel

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs