12 January 2010

Review-Bitten by Kelley Armstrong


Title: Bitten

Author: Kelley Armstrong

Publisher: Penquin Group

Pages: 436

Description from the back of the book:

Elena Michaels seems like the typically strong and sexy modern woman. She lives with her architect boyfriend, writes for a popular newspaper, and works out at the gym. She’s also a werewolf.

Elena has done all she can to assimilate to the human world, but the man whose bite changed her existence forever, and his legacy, continue to haunt her. Thrown into a desperate war for survival that tests her allegiance to a secret clan of werewolves, Elena must reckon with who, and what, she is in this passionate, page-turning novel.

My thoughts:

I absolutely loved this book. It was fantastic. I counted down the hours and minutes to when I would get home from work and I could continue reading this book. It is an adult fiction book which means it ranks a little higher on the steamy scale so I would not recommend it to any of my young readers.

Kelley Armstrong weaves a tale of werewolf lore in which the werewolf gene is only passed through the male to the male child. The pack is a group of werewolves who pledge their loyalty to each other and the pack leader. If they don’t live together then they live close, protecting one another and killing mutts who pose a threat. Mutts are those who refuse to join the pack and are therefore denied any kind of territory. They often travel from place to place, keeping to themselves and minding their own business.

The only other types of werewolves are those who are bitten and survive the agonizing process of the first change. Since werewolves came into being, a female werewolf has never been born nor has a female ever survived being bitten. Elena is the first female werewolf and she is highly sought after by many of the mutts. But as a member of the pack and Clay’s mate (since he bit her) they know that she is off limits. Until a group of mutts team up and start killing off human and pack member on the pack’s territory, Elena soon discovers it’s her they’re after. Will Elena willingly sacrifice herself for those she cares about the most?

The main character Elena is great. She is strong, confident and always has a plan when it comes to getting her man back. The only part that annoyed me was when she was trying to convince herself that she didn’t belong with Clay and that she is not trying to save him because she love him. Then what is she doing having sex with him practically every night as he’s telling her how much he loves her. Who cares if he bit you and turned you into a werewolf; he’s hot, gorgeous and wants to spend the rest of his life with you and over the 10+ years you’ve been “together” he’s never once cheated on you!! **Okay, done with my rant...lol**

Overall, this book was amazing and I loved every page of it. I would recommend it to anyone who loves the paranormal romance genre.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to have to read this. I keep seeing books by Kelly Armstrong but I pick them up and put them down again. Mainly because they are adult fiction and I have a series aversion. Having said that, I love Charlaine Harris so maybe I can come to love this author too. Great review.

Cindy said...

I can't wait to read this book. I love her writing from The Summoning and I can't wait to get into her other books :) Great review

Marg said...

I love Kelley Armstrong. I started with this book and now eagerrly anticipate every book that she writes, whether it be from the Otherworld series, one of the Nadia Stafford books or her YA books!

Discovered your blog via The Saturday Network, but I will be back!

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs