07 January 2010

Review- Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz


Title: Masquerade

Author: Melissa de la Cruz

Publisher: Hyperion Paperbacks for Children

Pages: 305

Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious deaths of young vampires. With her best friend, Oliver, Schuyler travels to Italy in the hope of finding the one man who can help-her grandfather. Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly under way for the Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city’s wealthy, powerful, and unhuman-a true Blue Blood affair.

But it’s the after-party, a masquerade ball thrown by the cunning Mimi Force, that the real danger lurks. Hidden behind the masks is a revelation that will forever change the course of a young vampire’s density.

Rich with glamour, attitude, and vampire lore, this second installment in the Blue Bloods saga will leave readers thirsting for more.

My thoughts:

YES!!! I am definitely left thirsting for more! Masquerade continues to follow Schuyler and her struggle to find her grandfather (who holds the key to taking down the Silver Bloods) and to find out who is behind the Silver Blood attacks on the young vampires. She is also trying to make sense of her relationship with Jack Force who she has an undeniable chemistry with but he insists they’re just friends. Will Schuyler be able to find who is harboring the Silver Blood and fulfill the prophesy before more young vampires are killed?

This book was so good I couldn’t put it down. It is a constant roller coaster in the fight of good and evil. And you never know what it around the next corner. I was constantly surprised with the events and shocked at the end. I want to say so much but I don’t want to give away any spoilers. I would never have guessed the end. All I can say is READ IT!!!! I hope the third one is just as good as the first 2!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

This sounds like a great book, and I love that cover. Glad you enjoyed it, great review :)

Unknown said...

Oh me, oh my! You just keep recommending more and more fantastic vampire books to me. I can't keep up. But I really want to! I will read this for sure!

Lorri S said...

I've never heard of any of these books. They sound interesting though.

Visiting from Book Blogs :)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

I love this series. Great review

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs