30 September 2011

Follow Friday (21)



Follow Friday is a really fun way to network your blog and meet some other really cool bloggers in the process! This weekly event is hosted at Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Q: What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen and who would you like cast as you favorite character?

A:  Within the past six months I've heard a lot of talk about Vampire Academy being made into a movie.  My feelings are divided when it comes to this epic series because I love it so much.  When Twilight first came out, I loved the books so much that when they started making them into movies, I was super excited.  But now I can never reread the Twilight series because I can't get Kristin Stewart's voice out of my head.  Even though I watch all the movies and I go to the midnight showings, they've ruined the books for me.  I don't want the Vampire Academy movie to ruin the books for me.  Now I don't know about who I would cast but I know who I wouldn't cast.  I definitely would NOT want Megan Fox or Sophia Bush to play Rose.  I also don't know who I would want to play Dimitri, but whoever plays them better have good chemistry together or it just won't work.

I also heard that Lisa McMann's Wake series is going to be made into a movie with Miley Cyrus leading the cast.  UUGGHH! I can't stand that girl! But I'll still see it. 

10 comments:

Tia said...

I haven't read the VA series yet but definitely think it would make a great movie!

My Follow Friday!

Katie said...

I chose VA academy, too and can totally understand why you wouldn't want to let Megan Fox portray Rose.

I'm a new follower and I'd love if you'd follow back.

Anna said...

I would die if they turned the VA series into a movie!! Someone actually mentioned turning it into a TV show which I thought was a great idea! Didn't think of that one. Great choice :)
Old follower!
My Follow Friday

duchess_mommy said...

Oh I TOTALLY agree with you. Miley Cyrus CANNOT play the lead in Wake. I think it may even ruin the trilogy for me (or I just wouldn't go see it.) I picked VA as my answer this week, too. I put my Rose pick up on my blog.

New Follower!
Have a great week,
Teresa
The Duchess Mommy Reads

**PS: Giveaway on my blog!

Sagacity Quest said...

I haven't read VA but from what I heard it would definitely be great TV show. Great choice.

Colleen said...

lol Miley Cyrus. I love corny Disney Channel shows and movies, but her acting in Hannah Montana still always just made me think of Punky Brewster. Very campy and overdone. I can forgive my little Moon Fry, lol, but I don't know if I can take Miley seriously after HM.

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Ugh, Miley. I've also heard she's linked to the Wings books by Aprilynne Pike.
My Hop

~Valen~ said...

haha! I agree completely. Though I really like Megan Fox, she wouldn't be right for that role at all. and Miley Cyrus . . . .? Yeah, no. I also heard she is up for the lead in Wings by Aprilynne Pike -- hope not. Don't hate the girl, but she is not the best actress.

Thanks for the follow, following as well--

~Valen

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

In some ways I would love for the VA series to be made into a movie or show, but I don't want it to ruin the books for me. The chemistry between those actors/actresses have got to be good.

When I tried re-reading the twilight books after watching the movies all I could picture was Robert and Kristen as Edward and Bella

I also read where Miley was linked to the wake series. I read the first book,and I'm not so sure she would be right for Janie.

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I've seen the VA series listed as I've been hopping around. It makes me more curious about them. I hesitate to nominate my favorite books for movies as well. I don't like what they did Water for Elephants.

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs