21 April 2012

Review- The Last Echo

Title: The Last Echo
Author: Kimberly Derting
Series: The Body Finder #3
Publisher: HarperTeen
Find it here: Amazon, Goodreads
Source: ARC compliments of HarperTeen

In the end, all that's left is an echo...

Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet's talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it's Violet's job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by "the girlfriend collector" she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new "relationship" and Violet may have caught his eye....

My thoughts:

I love this series! I love this book. I love Violet and Jay. I love her ability. I love her job. I love that she always wants to help. I love Rafe. I love the perspective of the killer. I love the creepiness. I just have such an overwhelming love for everything about the Body Finder Series!

I was convinced that when I got this book it was going to be the last Body Finder book. I was a little bit sad but I also know that all good series have to come to an end. But when you get to the end, you find out that it is, in fact, not the end at all! Which also makes me very happy because I will take more Violet, Jay and echoes to find any day.

As previously stated above, I absolutely love the characters. I fell in love with Jay and Violet in the first book and have been rooting for them ever since. They continue to grow with each other and become better people. What I really loved about the Last Echo is that we get to know so much more about Rafe. Dark, serious, mysterious and sexy Rafe. And there definitely is a reason for that dark and tortured attitude. There is also a big reveal about Rafe and another character that I did not see coming! When I first met Rafe in Desires of the Dead I did not like him because I felt like he was causing problems with Jay and Violet’s relationship. And now I’m so torn! I absolutely love Jay but Rafe has this certain appeal like a guilty pleasure. I’m nervous about the state of Jay and Violet’s relationship in the next book!

The killer in this book is especially creepy! He’s convinced that when a girl looks at him and smiles then that’s the start of their relationship. He kidnaps them because he thinks they’re his girlfriends but he doesn’t see it as kidnapping. He even paints their nails!

The Last Echo is a great addition to the Body Finder series! As long as Derting continues to write fantastic books, I will continue to read them! I give The Last Echo 4 heart because I just love it so much!


1 comments:

Kristina said...

I thought this was the last book too. I am glad to know that that isn't the case. As much I love Jay, I am really enjoying Rafe!

The cliffhanger was crazy. I can't wait for the next book!

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs