25 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (51)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!

Title: One Moment
Author: Kristina McBride
Hitting the Shelves: June 26, 2012

This was supposed to be the best summer of Maggie’s life. Now it’s the one she’d do anything to forget.

Maggie Reynolds remembers hanging out at the gorge with her closest friends after a blowout party the night before. She remembers climbing the trail hand in hand with her perfect boyfriend, Joey. She remembers that last kiss, soft, lingering, and meant to reassure her. So why can’t she remember what happened in the moment before they were supposed to dive? Why was she left cowering at the top of the cliff, while Joey floated in the water below—dead?

As Maggie’s memories return in snatches, nothing seems to make sense. Why was Joey acting so strangely at the party? Where did he go after taking her home? And if Joey was keeping these secrets, what else was he hiding?

Why I want this: Last week I read Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker and I absolutely loved it (I highly recommend it).  It also got me thinking about summer and all the great YA contemporary romance summer books that are coming out!  I really think it's going to be a great summer for YA contemporary and I just can't wait!!

What are you waiting for?

8 comments:

Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

This sounds spectacular! I love books like this!!

Can't wait to read it :)

Paranormal Wastelands WoW:
http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-vicious-deep.html

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

This definitely sounds like a good one!! I'll have to check it out :) Great pick lady pants!

Anna @ Literary Exploration
My WoW

Farah said...

Eeeppp!!! One Moment sure does look awesome. Great pick!=D

Drop by my WoW?

Sandy said...

I loved The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride so I am eagerly awaiting this book. I don't read contemporaries often but when I do I either like them light and fun or tense and gripping and this seems like it will fall towards the latter.

Danie said...

This looks so so so good! Adding it to my Goodreads TBR now, thanks!


Mind checking out my WoW?

Hollie said...

This one sounds so great, I really cannot wait for this to be released! It sounds like it'll be such an intense read, plus I love the cover too!

My WoW

Aneeqah said...

This book sounds really good! It looks like there's a big secret to find out, which should be really interesting. Definitely going to be a great summer read! Great choice. =)

-Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

I really am quite into and excited for this one. I don't know if it's the synopsis, cover, or combination of the two. I agree that it sounds awesome!

My WoW

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs