15 November 2012

Review- Betrayal

Title: Betrayal
Author: Gregg Olsen
Series: Empty Coffin Series #2
Publisher: Splinter
Find it Here: B&N, Goodreads, Mysterious Galaxy
Source: ARC from the publisher

In this action-packed thriller sequel to Envy, foreign exchange student Olivia Grant is stabbed to death after a party--and the prime suspect is her best friend. As twins Hayley and Taylor Ryan get pulled into the aftermath of this Amanda Knox-like crime, they realize nothing is what it seems. Could it be betrayal of the ultimate kind?

Betrayal features real-life crime-solving techniques, heart-stopping suspense, plenty of red herrings, hard-hitting ethical questions, and information about the Amanda Knox case that inspired the novel. As the crime unravels, so does the twins' past…and they must face off against a family member who may unexpectedly have carried out the worst betrayal of all.

My thoughts:

For as long as I can remember I've always loved a good murder mystery novel! And I'm pretty sure I always will. There's just something about a good mystery that keeps me reading a book. Now add a little bit of the paranormal element and I'm definitely hooked!  Even if I have it somewhat figured out, I'm going to read it to the end just to see if I'm right or wrong! 

When reading Envy, I couldn't get enough of the mystery that is surrounding twins Haley and Taylor. Even after Betrayal, their special abilities haven't been truly explained but it's still fun to get wrapped up in their world.  I love how we get to see so many aspects of the twins lives and see how most of the time they work in perfect sync but then how they also argue.  

I really enjoy how Olsen writes the mystery.  He gives away the clues that are only necessary and as the story evolves, more is revealed and the pieces fall into place.  It's probably the reason why I have never been able to figure out who is the murderer. Betrayal is such a great murder mystery because of the characters, the dark and gloomy setting and because of the touch of paranormal! I give Betrayal 4 hearts for being a mystery that I couldn't figure out! 


1 comments:

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

Ooh. I LOVE when you're reading a mysterious book yet you aren't sure what's going on. Score!

Molli | Once Upon a Prologue

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs