10 March 2011

Review- Claire de Lune


Title: Claire de Lune
Author: Christine Johnson
Published: 18 May 2010
Pages: 336 (Hardcover)
Rating: 3/5

Synopsis provided by Goodreads.com:

Torn between two destinies?

Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf.

As Claire is initiated into the female pack of werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity but also with the rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalties at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever.

My thoughts:

I remember first hearing about this book over a year ago before taking my hiatus from blogging. I was so super excited about this book coming out I'm pretty sure I even dedicated a Waiting on Wednesday to it as well. So I go to the library to see what I can find and viola, there is Claire de Lune, just sitting there in the new release section and no one else seems to be seeing what I'm seeing. My first thought was, "how is it that I can just pick this book up and check it out without signing up for a waiting list or something!!!" Maybe that is a little extreme but it was definitely at the top of my stack of library books.

As much as I love books, I hate giving so-so/bad reviews. This book just did not live up to to my expectations. After reading this book, I felt like a little kid and someone had just popped by balloon. The story could have used more action and I felt myself bored with all her internal dialogue and struggle going on.

It was very easy to read and I had no problem getting through it, I would have just really enjoyed that extra element that would have made it impossible to put it down. Since I would definitely not read it again, I probably won't read the next books in the series.

1 comments:

Nina said...

That doesn't sounds so good! I don't want that feeling after reading a book! Got to think about this one. :)

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs