28 March 2011

Review- Spirit Bound

Title: Spirit Bound
Author: Richelle Mead
Published: 18 May 2010
Pages: 489
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis provided by GoodReads:

Salvation has it's price.
The words stunned Adrian for a moment, but he kept going. "You're lying. What you're describing is impossible. There's no way to save a Strigoi. When they're gone, they're gone. Dead. Undead. Forever.

Robert's words weren't directed at Adrian. They were spoken to me. "That which is dead doesn't always stay dead..."

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend Lissa Dragomir. It's graduation and the girls can't wait for their real lives outside of the Academy's cold iron gates to finally begin. But even with the intrigue and excitement of court life looming, Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri. He's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance, and now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart he's hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her....forever.

But Rose can't forget what she learned on her journey-whispers of a magic too impossible and terrifying to comprehend. A magic inextricably tied to Lissa that could hold the answer to all of Rose's prayers but not without devastating consequences. Now Rose will have to decide what-and who-matters most to her. In the end, is true love really worth the price?

My thoughts:

I really love this series; it's one of my favorites out there right now. It has action, adventure, romance, comedy, vampires, magic, undead creatures, betrayal, angst, darkness. Pretty much all the most desired qualities in one series.

Although Spirit Bound was not my favorite in the series, I enjoyed Shadow Kissed and Blood Promise more, it acted as a conduit to the last book. It certainly set the stage for whatever is going to happen next.

I love that they're finally out of the academy and I also love the connection with her dad. I always forget that she is half vampire and whenever her Moroi father comes into the scene, its a nice reminder of who Rose is and where she comes from. Dimitri made me so upset in this book and I just wanted to shake him and scream, "Get over it already!!!!!" I don't want to give away any spoilers so I'm not going to explain what that was about.

The ending was so good and it definitely left me hanging and super excited to read the next one. But I will also be sad cause it will be over and go into my usual post series depression until I can find another one to wrap my head around.

1 comments:

TheBookAddictedGirl said...

The ending for Spirit Bound was incredible: I was literally desperate to get my hands on the next book!
And I so felt the same way: shaking him, no. A slap or punch may have described the feeling better! ;)
Great review, and I can't wait to see what you think of Last Sacrifice!

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs