13 March 2011

Review-Going too Far


Title: Going too Far
Author: Jennifer Echols
Published: 17 March 2009
Pages: 245
Rating: 5/5

Description from back of the book:

All Meg has ever wanted to was get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules, to serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge-and over...


My thoughts:

I've had this book for over a year before I finally finished it. When I first bought it, I read the first chapter and decided to put it down for something else. Just last week I pulled it off the shelf again and decided I was going to read it from cover to cover even if it took me an entire day. And that's exactly what I did and boy am I glad! It is one of the best books I have read it a while. It literally blew me away!!

John and Meg are so perfect for each other. From their very first meeting you can just feel their chemistry and the fact that they are hiding something extremely important from each other. I love that the amount of characters were very limited and she writes about only the essentials. Almost every page is just John and Meg talking and getting to know each other. I know about 50 pages into the book that I would not be able to sleep until I finished it.

Both John and Meg turn out to be these incredibly complex characters that have depth beyond imagination. I don't want to give away any spoilers but I would not have guessed Meg's past if you asked me when I started reading it. So this book is definitely a keeper. Buy it, put it on your shelf and read it like once a year!

2 comments:

Frosy said...

Great review. Now I am want to read this.

Lamia (The Book Eater) said...

This sounds like a great book. It's now bumped up my to read list :)

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs