01 June 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (19)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also because the covers are always amazing!

So I'm back from my vacation and I'm super excited to show you guys what I did and the amazing sights that I saw! I've missed blogging so much and I'm ready to dive back in.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs Release Date: June 7, 2011

A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. And a strange collection of very curious photographs. It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Whales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores it's abandon bedrooms and hallways, is becomes clear that the children who once lived here-were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a desolate island for good reason. And somehow-impossible though it seems-they may still be alive.

What are you waiting for?

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Now that is a well written synopsis. Both creepy and intriguing. I don't like possibly spooky things but I also have this urge to add it to my TBR now.

Sandy
My WoW

Audrey (Bibliosaurus Text) said...

I saw the cover for this at BEA, and that was enough to hook me! Thanks for reminding me that I totally want this book!

Anonymous said...

I almost posted about this book, too! I can't wait to read it, the cover is so creepy and I love a good scary story. : )

Cory K said...

Everyone's waiting on this. Great choice! It looks so eerie! Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi!

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs