08 June 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (20)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also because the covers are always amazing!

I just finished The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan yesterday and I'm on this zombie kick. I'm really interested in reading the various different and unique worlds of zombies that authors can create. So, this week I chose Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel. The cover is gorgeous and it sounds pretty good!

As far as romantic pairings go in the year 2195, you don't get much more unlikely than an upper-class schoolgirl and a poor minor from enemy tribes. Filter in the fact that he's a zombie, and you're definitely talking about star-crossed love.

Dearly, Departed is a cyber-Victorian/steampunk romance that takes place in the shadows of a new ice age. Nora Dearly, a mouthy teenage girl and apparent orphan, leaves school for Christmas-only to be dragged into the night by the living dead. Luckily for her, though, the good ones got to her first. From her reanimated rescuers she learns that not only zombies are roaming the countryside, but that her father is one-and that he's in terrible trouble. She also meets Captain Brian Griswold, a noble, strong, and rather sweet undead boy for whom she starts to fall.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Pamela Roe, is just trying to carry on with life as best she can in the wake of Nora's disappearance-when she ends up killing an evil zombie in self-defense. Pam is galvanized into action and ends up leading a group of survivors as the city of New London is thronged by the ravenous dead.

Upon hearing of Pamela's plight, Nora and Bram set out to rescue her friends, find her missing father, and maybe just save what's left of the world.

What are you waiting for?

6 comments:

Alyssa (Hesperia Loves Books) said...

The cover is beautiful!

Here is my WoW!

~ Alyssa ♥ Hesperia Loves Books

Sandy said...

That cover is gorgeous, I'm not a zombie fan so I didn't add this book to my TBR when I first saw it but the cover tempts me every time.

Sandy
My WoW

Tiffany said...

Great pick! This one looks really good and the cover is gorgeous :)

Jenny said...

I love the moody, gorgeous cover on this one! Love the parasol! I can't wait for it either.

Bookish Brunette said...

I've been DYING for this one too!

Lia is going to be featured on my blog during Zombie Craze... You MAY want to stop by!

My Wow Post!

Cary Cheyenne. said...

Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to read this one! Thanks :)

Here's mine WoW POST:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs