28 July 2011

Review- Crescendo

Title: Crescendo
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush, Hush #2
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Find it here: Amazon, Goodreads
Source: Purchased



Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect.  Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least seh got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel.  But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic.  He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant.  Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him--despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers.  But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything--and everyone--she trusts.


My thoughts:

Before I read Crescendo, it had been almost a year-and-a-half since I read Hush, Hush.  I remember absolutely loving it and wanting to continue the series, but I was really fuzzy on the details of the story.  But Becca Fitzpatrick does not give enough background in the beginning of Crescendo and I found myself somewhat lost.

Then Nora breaks up with Patch and I was so upset! And I felt like they broke up over what Dane Cook calls the nothing fight.  The nothing fight is started over literally nothing just so the couple, who by this point pretty much hates each other, can fight so much until one party breaks up with the other one.  I'm not saying that Nora and Patch hated each other, but I could tell that Nora has some issues with Patch that were just piling up and she got to the point of the last straw.  I can't even remember what the flight was about in the book, but it just seemed like she had been ready to explode and she did over something that wasn't all that important.

Patch started hanging out and messing around with Marcie Millar and it pretty much makes me want to punch Patch in the face.  I think it's really low of people or guys to hook up with your mortal enemy after right after a break up.  Way to get her back, GEEZ PATCH!!!!

The mystery was great in Crescendo.  Patch was constantly lurking around corners, doing something that he couldn't talk about.  And since he wasn't speaking to Nora either, the reader had no idea what Patch was doing so it was like we were only getting one side of the story.  So then the ending just completely came out of nowhere and I was like, "WHAT!!!!"

The ending sure left it open for an epic conclusion in the third book! I'm so nervous for Patch and Nora and I hope that they will get the ending that they deserve!


1 comments:

Jules said...

I've yet to start this series but when I do I will try and remember to read them closer together!

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs