09 July 2012

Review: Love Story

Title: Love Story
Author: Jennifer Echols
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Find it here: Amazon, Goodreads
Source: Purchased

She's writing about him. he's writing about her. And everybody is reading between the lines..


For Erin Blackwell, majoring in creative writing at the New York City college of her dreams is more than a chance to fulfill her ambitions--it's her ticket away from the tragic memories that shadow her family's racehorse farm in Kentucky. But when she refuses to major in business and take over the farm herself someday, her grandmother gives Erin's college tuition and promised inheritance to their maddeningly handsome stable boy, Hunter Allen. Now Erin has to win an internship and work late nights at a coffee shop to make her own dreams a reality. She should despise Hunter . . . so why does he sneak into her thoughts as the hero of her latest writing assignment?

Then, on the day she's sharing that assignment with her class, Hunter walks in. He's joining her class. And after he reads about himself in her story, her private fantasies about him must be painfully clear. She only hopes to persuade him not to reveal her secret to everyone else. But Hunter devises his own creative revenge, writing sexy stories that drive the whole class wild with curiosity and fill Erin's heart with longing. Now she's not just imagining what might have been. She's writing a whole new ending for her romance with Hunter . . . except this story could come true.

My thoughts: 

Jennifer Echols is one of my favorite authors ever! Going Too Far completely changed the way I viewed contemporary novels. I read YA contemporary because of Jennifer Echols. The way she draws me into the story is incredible and I just find myself lost in her books.

I wish I could say all these wonderful things about Love Story. I struggled with it. We fought, Love Story and me. In the beginning, I actually considered putting it down and not finishing it. “But this is Jennifer Echols” I said to myself. I can’t not finish reading it! So I powered through and it turned out okay.

I got a bad taste in my mouth as soon as I met the main character. She seemed like one of those really popular girls that I can’t stand who treat other people as if they’re below her. I went to a somewhat expensive private high school so I’ve known quite a few of this type of girl. She may have felt bad for the way she treated Hunter but she never did anything about until it bit her in the ass.

I liked Hunter though. He’s a really great guy and still went after Erin even though she barley spoke to him in high school. I enjoyed the game that he played with her trying to get her to obviously want him and flirt with him. Playing hard to get! I think she deserved it.

In the end, it was interesting how they came together in a united front against her grandmother. But it still left me wondering who was going to take over the farm because her grandma can’t live forever. I give Love Story 3 hearts because it’s not one of my favorite Jennifer Echols books.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! :) I've heard nothing but glowing reviews about the books Jennifer Echols writes, and I can really understand if you hate the character because she's that cliché type character you see in the movies.

Eileen @ ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

She may have felt bad for the way she treated Hunter but she never did anything about until it bit her in the ass.

That sort of behavior from a main character would turn me off of him/her, too! I haven't read anything by this author, yet...but I will definitely at some point.

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs