04 July 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (61)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!

Title: Fragments
Author: Dan Wells
Series: Partials #2
Hitting the Shelves: February 26, 2013

Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is only just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues as to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence—it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that Kira knows she is a part of, a plan that could save both races. Her allies are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?

Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what’s left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira’s journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and they will both discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn’t even know existed.

Why I want this: I just finished reading Partials last week and it was quite excellent! I don't know why I waited so long to read it! The cover is also pretty fabulous and very fitting for the story! I really hope that is Samm standing next to her!!

What are you waiting for?

19 comments:

Annette Mills said...

Great choice. I can't wait for this one too!

Sandy said...

I haven't read Partials yet but if you're saying that it is really good then I will have to raise it on the priority.

Sandy
My WoW

Unknown said...

Partials was so good!

Addie R. said...

Great pick! I haven't read Partials yet but I don't think I will because it's not really my type of book. But I'm glad you liked it and I love the cover!:))

http://addie-bookwormrecommendations.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

Unknown said...

Sounds fabulous :) Nice choice!

Gwenyth Love said...

Great pick! I actually haven't read Partials yet, but I was lucky enough to get a signed copy at BEA this year so I hope to read it soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jessica @ Books: A true story said...

I didn't know the Partials sequel had a cover yet! I need to read it :) Cool pick

My WoW

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

While I didn't LOVE Partials, I definitely want to see how it's going to end up! Great pick :)

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Me My Shelf And I said...

Partials was one of my favorite books!! I can't wait for this!! Great pick! And thanks for stopping by my WoW!

Anonymous said...

I still have to read Partials. Great pick! :)

Starr K @ The Literati Press said...

Partials is on my list to read, hopefully next week. I keep hearing good things about it. Fragments is a great WoW pick!

Keertana said...

I haven't read Partials yet, but the cover and synopsis of this book definitely makes me want to! I'm definitely going to be getting my hands on Partials soon, just so I can read this! Great WoW pick this week! :D

~Keertana
Ivy Book Bindings

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by the blog :)

I really need to get a copy of Partials so I can read this!

Beckie said...

Great choice!!! I have wanted to read tis for a while now, i love the cover!!
I love your blog- so cute! xx

Kate said...

Can't wait for this one!!

My WOW and international giveaway

Lisa Mandina said...

Great choice! I wanted to bad to get a copy of Partials at BEA, but I didn't, so I still need to read the first one. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

Candace said...

Hi, love your blog! I found it from a Waiting on Wednesday site. I am a new follower, I would love a follow back http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

I haven't started reading this series yet. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I've just bought Partials but haven't read it yet! I'm really excited to get into it. I know I won't be able to wait for this book to come out!

Jordon @ Miss Book Reviews

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs