26 March 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (110)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!


Title: The Girl From the Well
Author: Rin Chupeco
Hitting the Shelves: August 05, 2014

You may think me biased, being murdered myself. But my state of being has nothing to do with the curiosity toward my own species, if we can be called such. We do not go gentle, as your poet encourages, into that good night.

A dead girl walks the streets.

She hunts murderers. Child killers, much like the man who threw her body down a well three hundred years ago.

And when a strange boy bearing stranger tattoos moves into the neighborhood so, she discovers, does something else. And soon both will be drawn into the world of eerie doll rituals and dark Shinto exorcisms that will take them from American suburbia to the remote valleys and shrines of Aomori, Japan.

Because the boy has a terrifying secret - one that would just kill to get out.

The Girl from the Well is A YA Horror novel pitched as "Dexter" meets "The Grudge", based on a well-loved Japanese ghost story.

Why I want this: Anything that is pitched as "Dexter" meets whatever else, I'm totally on board! This books sounds so awesome and definitely creepy!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth @ Redhead Reader said...

Yes, Yes YES!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!
GREAT pick!
I also LOVE anything Dexter!!

My WoW

Unknown said...

YAY! Seriously, the whole thing creeps me out, but I love creepy, so can't wait to read It. :)

Here's mine

Kirsty @ StudioReads

kimberlybuggie said...

Dude, this cover KILLS ME. WANT!!!

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs