17 March 2014

What Does the Bookworm Say? New Adult


What Does the Bookworm Say is a bi-weekly discussion post hosted here! To see what some other bookworms say on the topic you can read their posts at Nite Lite Book Reviews, The Windy Pages and The Reader's Antidote! 

So sorry for the late post guys! I've been sick and since it's spring break work has been pretty busy. This week we're talking about the genre New Adult.  

I guess I first heard about New Adult about a year or so ago.  I was confused as to whether or not it was considered YA or not because I was reading about it on a lot of YA blogs.  So I wasn't really sure what it really was. 


So, according to my understanding, it's written like YA but it's for a more mature audience because of the sexual content.  These New Adult novels are usually contemporaries following characters that are college aged.  


Even though I still haven't read a new adult novel (I planned to read one by now but it didn't happen), I have two that I really want to read and will hopefully do so soon!


I would really like to see a New Adult fantasy novel! Now that would be something that I would definitely read! 

Right now, New Adult is usually published by indie publishers.  This makes them a little bit harder to find in hard copy but also very cheap in e-book form.  Hopefully, sometime soon the big publishing houses will see how well New Adult is doing and start publishing some New Adult novels. I really think New Adult can be something big and exciting in the future! 

Do you guys like/read New Adult? Let me know in the comments!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew about it but wasn't exactly sure of what it was, so thanks for clarifying! Gotta love that harry potter gif. XD

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs