10 December 2009

Book Review-Night World Vol. 1 by L.J. Smith


Vampires, werewolves, witches, shape shifters -- they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World.

In Secret Vampire, Poppy thought the summer would last forever. Then she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Now Poppy's only hope for survival is James, her friend and secret love. A vampire in the Night World, James can make Poppy immortal. But first they both must risk everything to go against the laws of Night World.

Fugitives from Night World, three vampire sisters leave their isolated home to live among humans in Daughters of Darkness. Their brother, Ash, is sent to bring the girls back, but he falls in love with their beautiful friend.

Two witch cousins fight over their high school crush. It's a battle between black magic and white magic in Spellbinder.

My thoughts:

I loved Night World: Vol. 1. It was so exciting and faced paced I could hardly put it down. I thought it would take me a little while to get through because it is 700+ pages but I flew right through it. There was a cliffhanger at the end of every chapter which made it hard to take a break because I had to know what happened next. I was also unsure how the book was going to flow with three separate stories in it, but I thought it was very interesting how the three stories were tied together.

The first story in Night World: Vol. 1 was my favorite. It really set the stage for what type of book it is and even gave a little background history of the characters. The two main characters are passionate and I definitely found myself rooting for their love. What I also really like about this book is that it is not strictly vampires or werewolves; it’s all of them put together and more.

The Night World series has my full recommendation for those who enjoy vampire book or the paranormal genre in general. I will definitely be continuing in the series and will probably pick up L.J. Smith’s other books, as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs