05 April 2011

Review-Once a Witch

Title: Once a Witch
Published by: Clarion Books
Pages: 292
Rating: 4/5
Find it here: Amazon, GoodReads

Blurb:

Tamsin Greene comes from a long line of witches, and she was supposed to be one of the most Talented among them. But Tamsin's magic never showed up. Now seventeen, Tamsin attends boarding school in Manhattan, far from her family. But when a handsome young professor mistakes her for her very Talented sister, Tamsin agrees to find a lost family heirloom for him. The search-and the stranger-will prove to be more sinister than they first appeared, ultimately sending Tamsin on a treasure hunt through time that will unlock the secret of her true identity, unearth the sins of her family, and unleash a power so vengeful that it could destroy them all.

My thoughts:

Once a Witch is about a girl who feels completely left out of her family because she is one of the only ones who does not have a Talent. In an attempt to show then that she is not absolutely useless, she agrees to help a professor find his lost family heirloom. She enlists the help of Gabriel who, by the way, sounds drop dead gorgeous and he is totally into her. Together they travel though time and figure out what has really been going on with the family.

I loved this book. It was so fun to read and there was action at every turn. I also loved that they time traveled. Since I love the idea of being able to go back and forth through time and the notion that you can change aspects of the future from the past, I was having a lot of fun reading Once a Witch.

I also liked the characters names. They were so unusual and the sister's name is Rowena, which is my middle name and also very uncommon. I definitely recommend this book for young adult and supernatural readers alike.

**Very short review, about to lose internet :/ **

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like an amazing book. Great review.

Jennifer A said...

I'm glad you liked it! I have it on my "to read" list, but I wasn't sure about it. I'll definitely have to read it!

Jennifer of Little Shelf

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Great review. It sounds interesting.

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs