03 May 2012

Follow Friday (30)



Follow Friday is a really fun way to make new blogger friends and promote your blog in the process! This weekly meme is hosted by Alison Can Read and Rachel @Parajunkee.


Q: What is one thing you wish you could tell your favorite author?

A: Even though I don't consider Stephen King to be my favorite author, he definitely plays a pivotal role in my reading history.  I read Carrie in the seventh grade and ever since then I knew that I absolutely loved to read horror.  I was enraptured.  My love of horror and supernatural then led me to read Twilight many years later which naturally brought me into YA.  So I would say to Stephen King, thank you so much for writing incredibly creepy books that I stumbled upon during my horror movie phase. Carrie was the start of something big in my life, a love that has lasted for many, many years.



Thank you so much you guys for reading and following my blog!! Please subscribe to my reader if you can!!

5 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I've never read any King books. I'd like to read his memoir on writing.
My Hop

Alex @ The Blethering Bookworm said...

Great answer. It's amazing how reading books is like a domino affect when it comes to leading you to other authors and genres. :)

I have been wanting to get into horror the past month or so but I am not wanting to read something that will put me off the genre for life and scare me silly - I have only JUST got into crime so I am trying to branch out. If you have any suggestions that would be great!

My Follow Friday

New Follower :)

Alishia said...

Yay for Twilight. :)

New follower

Here's my FF

Unknown said...

Ah, Carrie, that brings back memories :).

I'm a new RSS follower.

Ellen @ Always YA at Heart – Here’s my FF

Kelsey @ Slush Sleuth said...

Hey there! Just popping through. From looking at your last few reviews it seems like we have pretty similar taste, except I definitely don't read horror! That's my sister's thing.... I don't think I slept for about 18 weeks after I saw Signs. And that, apparently, is not a particularly scary movie, so I cannot even imagine trying to get through something like Carrie!

Maybe I will try out one of King's other novels though...

I'm a new follower! Feel free to visit my FF!

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs