04 May 2012

Review- Goddess Interrupted

Title: Goddess Interrupted
Author: Aimee Carter
Series: Goddess Test #2
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Find it here: Amazon, Goodreads
Source: ARC compliments of Harlequin and NetGalley

Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person whom she would really rather not meet. Henry's first wife, Persephone.

My thoughts: 

I have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with this series. I thought The Goddess Test was just okay so I wasn’t anxiously awaiting the release of Goddess Interrupted. I knew that if it was available on NetGalley then I would probably read and of course, it was, so I did.

My attitude towards this book while reading it was annoyance. I was annoyed at Kate because she was too passive sometimes. I was annoyed at Henry because he was just a complete douche bag throughout most of the book and wouldn’t even touch her or look at her. It was like a flashback from the first book. And I was annoyed at the rest of the gods and goddesses because they wouldn’t tell her anything. They would just brush her off and she would sit in her room by herself. She’s a goddess now! NO MORE KEEPING SECRETS!! Don’t even get me started on Persephone. She was a bitch. Calliope is a bitch too!

I believe that most of my annoyance with the characters stems from their complete lack of communication. No one was telling Kate what was going on, not even her mother. Henry and Kate barley spoke to each other. Henry just assumed things about Kate because he wouldn’t tell her how he was feeling. When they finally did speak, everything got a lot better. Funny how sitting down and talking can fix a lot.

The only thing that really kept me reading was the action and the journey through the Underworld. Even though I liked the action, it was kind of confusing. Most of the fighting happened away from Kate and with Henry so it wasn’t something we always got to see. And then her visions confused me too. I thought they were visions of the future. So when they happened I didn’t realize that what she saw was going on in real time. I also think it’s interesting that Kate is finally realizing that she’s going to have to navigate through learning how to be fair and just when sentencing people in the Underworld.

All the confusion, annoyance and lack of communication was completely made up for in the end. OMG what a cliffhanger!!!! WOW…just wow! Now I really, really, really want to read the next one. But there better not be a three-peat of Henry and Kate’s relationship. I would have given this book 2 hearts but that ending was so out of the blue that I had to throw in another one! 3 hearts to Goddess Interrupted!!


2 comments:

vamps and stuff said...

Hello I'm about to read that soon it lacking again :(

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

I was annoyed with Kate in Book 1 so I'm now pretty glad that I didn't pick this one up.

Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs