14 May 2012

Review- Obsidian

Title: Obsidian
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #1
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Find it here: Amazon, Goodreads
Source: Purchased

Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me.You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.

My thoughts: 

Obsidian is my first Jennifer L. Armentrout experience and it was quite the enjoyable ride. I became interested in reading this when one of my Twitter friend put out that she was looking for bloggers to be on her team for Daemon Invasion. Thinking Daemon Invasion had something to do with Vampire Diaries I was very interested and asked her what it was about. She then informed me it had to do with Obsidian and if I would like to be on her team even though I had not read the book. I said “why not” and promptly ordered the book and dug right in as soon as it came in the mail. And WOW!!! It was sssoooo good!!

First of all, I love that Katy is a book blogger! I think it really makes the book. She’s always talking about updating her blog, playing with the layout, doing her Waiting on Wednesday post and always keeping a look out for books coming in her mailbox! Totally the life of a book blogger! I really loved Dee as well! She was so sweet, caring and genuinely wanted to be friends with Katy even though Katy is human.

There really aren’t that many alien books out there in YA right now. Which makes the Lux series unique. It’s also super fun to read because as a reader we are learning about a new race of characters that have all sorts of different powers. It’s not like reading your average vampire or werewolf novel which is one of the reasons why I loved it so much!

Daemon and I have this intense love/hate relationship (I talk about him like I know him). Most of the time he’s this arrogant jerk who wants to make Katy think that he doesn’t care what happens to her; but then there are these quick moments where you can tell that he really does care and that he really does like her. Daemon just knows first-hand what can happen if he lets his guard down and falls for a human. Katy and Daemon’s sexual tension is so intense and it really makes for a good read.

I’m so interested to see where the story goes from here and what happens in Onyx! After Obsidian, I definitely need to check out her other books like the Covenant series and I’ve wanted to read her book Cursed for a really long time now! I give Obsidian 5 hearts because Daemon is the perfect tall, dark and handsome.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs