23 August 2012

Review: The Probability of Miracles

Title: The Probability of Miracles
Author: Wendy Wunder
Publisher: Razorbill
Find it here: Amazon, Goodreads
Source: Goodreads First Reads

Campbell Cooper has never been in love. And if the doctors are right, she'll never have the chance. So when she's told she needs a miracle, her family moves 1,500 miles north to Promise, Maine--a place where amazing, unexplainable events are said to occur--like it or not. And when a mysterious envelope arrives, containing a list of things for Cam to do before she dies, she finally learns to believe--in love, in herself, and maybe even in miracles, as improbable as they may seem.


My thoughts: 

I never really planned on reading this book until I heard the amazing reviews! Even though the story was really sad and I had a feeling what was going to happen at the end, I tried my hardest not to get involved in the main character. But it wasn't that easy! I was so involved that by the end tears were just streaming down my face. I couldn't help it! This book just blew me away and I thought it was just absolutely amazing!

Since I had a feeling what was going to happen at the end I tried to distance myself from Campbell. I didn't want to go to the extreme of not liking her but I didn't want to feel for her so that her story wouldn't make me so sad. But as it turns out, it was really hard not to like her! She's awesome, sort of a rebel and she works at Disney World! She is also rational about her disease and her chances of survival. Since she was so easy to like I was really hoping that she would survive in the end. I also really liked her family. Her grandma pretty much made me cry in every scene she was in. All the characters are really likeable which really made me enjoy the story!

I honestly can say that there wasn't anything that I didn't like about the book. Of course I had hoped for a happier ending but then I guess this book wouldn't be so memorable. If you're really looking for a good book that's going to have you absolutely blubbering by the end then I definitely recommend this book to you! I give The Probability of Miracles 5 hearts because even though Campbell's story is sad she really made an impact on everyone she met!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs