29 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (69)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!

Title: Out of the Easy
Author: Ruta Sepetys
Hitting the Shelves: February 13, 2013

It’s 1950, and as the French Quarter of New Orleans simmers with secrets, seventeen-year-old Josie Moraine is silently stirring a pot of her own. Known among locals as the daughter of a brothel prostitute, Josie wants more out of life than the Big Easy has to offer. She devises a plan get out, but a mysterious death in the Quarter leaves Josie tangled in an investigation that will challenge her allegiance to her mother, her conscience, and Willie Woodley, the brusque madam on Conti Street.

Josie is caught between the dream of an elite college and a clandestine underworld. New Orleans lures her in her quest for truth, dangling temptation at every turn, and escalating to the ultimate test.

With characters as captivating as those in her internationally bestselling novel Between Shades of Gray, Ruta Sepetys skillfully creates a rich story of secrets, lies, and the haunting reminder that decisions can shape our destiny.

What are you waiting for?

14 comments:

Jenni said...

I haven't seen this book around before but it does sound really interesting. Will add to my TBR list :)

Check out my WoW? Jenni's Bookshelf

Nina said...

I can't wait to read this book! Looks and sounds really great!

Zoe said...

I LOVED Ruta's other novel, Between Shades of Gray, so this one looks really good! Thanks for stopping my by WoW :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love your theme! :)

This one looks really good, but we have such a long time to wait! :(

Thanks for stopping by.

Kaitlyn said...

Wow, this sounds really interesting! Great pick this week :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and following, I followed you back.

Kaitlyn @ Books and Bandanas

Ashley said...

Wow I hadn't heard of this book! This sounds pretty cool! 1950, daughter of a prostitute, elite college, underworld... Intense!!

Thanks for stopping by booknook. :)

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» said...

This sounds very interesting! I love the cover too. Adding to my TBR list! Great pick and thanks for stopping by My WoW post! 

~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair (new follower :)

Beckie said...

I haven't heard of this before but it sounds really interesting. Great pick!!

My WoW

I LOVE your blog x
xx

Krista said...

This is another one I keep seeing on people's lists. I love stories set in New Orleans. Check out my WoW

-Krista@ Breathe In BooKs

Elle said...

This is the first time I hear about this one, but it sounds awesome!
Great pick! And thanks for stopping by my WoW!

Catherine@thebookparade said...

This sounds really good! I loved Between Shades of Gray - it was beautifully written - so I hope this book by Ruta Sepetys is just as good!

Catherine :)

Vegan YA Nerds said...

I'm waiting on this too, I absolutely love the cover

C.J. said...

I just stuck this on my tbr after reading about it on Sharon Cameron's tbr! (She wrote THE DARK UNWINDING.) It looks very multilayered and interesting.

Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

C.J.
Sarcasm&Lemons

Jennifer said...

I hadn't heard of this, but that summary sounds so good! I need to read Ruta's Between Shades of Grey soon. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs