19 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (37)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!

Title: Dark Companion
Author: Marta Acosta
Hitting the Shelves: June 2012

When foster teen Jane Williams is invited to attend elite Birch Grove Academy for Girls and escape her violent urban neighborhood, she thinks the offer is too good to be true. She's even offered her own living quarters, the groundskeeper's cottage in the center of the birch grove.

Something's not quite right about the school -- or is it Jane? She thinks she sees things in the birch grove at night. She's also beginning to suspect that the elegant headmistress and her sons are hiding secrets. Lucky is the gorgeous, golden son who is especially attentive to Jane, and Jack is the sardonic puzzling brother.

The school with its talented teachers and bright students is a dream for a science and math geek like Jane. She also loves her new friends, including hilarious poetry-spouting rich girl, Mary Violet. But the longer Jane stays at Birch Grove, the more questions she has about the disappearance of another scholarship girl and a missing faculty member.

Jane discovers one secret about Birch Grove, which only leads to more mysteries. What is she willing to sacrifice in order to stay at this school...and be bound to Birch Grove forever?

8 comments:

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

I love the cover of this book, I'm definitely looking forward to it! Great pick!

My WoW

tthepageturner said...

Love the cover! Sounds good too. =D

Delilah (Del) said...

This looks really good. I hadn't even heard of it, but I love the cover. Might have to add it to my TBR shelf.

Giselle said...

I just got an ARC of this one and I'm so excited to get to it. Great pick!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Tiffany said...

I love the sound of this one and the cover is gorgeous. Great pick!

Bookish Brunette said...

I totally love the sound of this one too!!!

Lindsay Cummings author said...

this one is going to be amazing!

I follow you here, and love the blog! I hope you'll stop by mine and see my WOW pick?! You can also enter my author group's latest giveaway for some signed books, and let me know a book you've tread and loved recently! :)

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Amy @ Turn the Page (YA) said...

Sounds creepy :D Love the cover as well-great choice this week!

See what’s on my wishlist this week

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs