22 November 2009

Book vs. Movie- The Time Traveler's Wife



The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is one of my most favorite books ever. I don’t read adult fiction very much but I was glad I decided to pick this one up. I devoured it, cried through it and loved it. Then the movie came out! Not only was I super excited with the mere fact that it was adapted to a movie, but the stars are Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana; a couple of great actors.

Although the movie was released quite a while ago, I’ve only seen it just recently. It’s not very difficult to explain in a book that the main character travels through time without being able to control when it happens and the movie does an excellent job of this. I also love how the movie introduces Clair and her serious role in Henry’s life. The movie highlights all the important aspects of the story but I would have liked to see more of the dynamic between Henry and Gomez, who helps Henry through a lot of rough times. In the movie, Clair sees Henry for the last time in the meadow (though that’s not how in went in the book) and it is the most moving scene (I don’t want to say why or I will spoil it).

The book was more detailed when it came to Henry’s character and how his time traveling affects other aspects of his life. There are a few other things the movie changes but again I don’t want to spoil the movie for anyone who has not seen it. Overall, the movie followed the book pretty closely and was able to convey the great love story of Henry and Claire DeTamble.

I recommend reading the book and watching the movie afterwards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs