25 November 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Last week I went searching for some Young Adult books that are going to be release next year. Here is one that I found and I can't wait for it to be released.

This week's selection is Folly by Marthe Jocelyn:


Three fates intertwine in this moving and passionate love story set in Victorian London.

Mary Finn: country girl, maid to a lord in LondonCaden

Tucker: liar, scoundrel, and heart's delight

James Nelligan: age six, tossed into a herd of boys

When Mary Finn falls into the arms of handsome Caden Tucker, their frolic changes the course of her life. What possesses her? She's been a girl of common sense until now. Mary's tale alternates with that of young James Nelligan, a new boy in an enormous foundling home.In Folly, Marthe Jocelyn's breathtaking command of language, detail, and character brings Victorian London to life on every page, while the deep emotions that illuminate this fascinating novel about life-changing moments are as current as today's news.

First of all, I love reading books that are set in a period like the 17th or 18th century (probably because I have a BA in History). I also love a book that has a couple different story lines but they all become intertwined by the end. Some of my favorite movies are make like that (21 Grams). I hope it turns out as good as I am anticipating!!

1 comments:

Cindy said...

I love that cover, its really creepy :)

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs