02 November 2009

The Immortal Series


When I initially picked up the first book in the Immortal Series, Evermore, it sounded a little corny to me. Another book with another girl with some kind of abnormal talent (reading minds or psychic ability) who meets a boy that makes everything better with some sort of evil that they overcome together. I put off reading it for months and months, thinking that it’s not anything special. But then I started it and my whole thinking changed. It’s dark and mysterious with hints of comedy and deep characters. I couldn’t put it down. When I was not reading it, I was thinking about reading it. And when I finished it, I rushed out to get the next book which was equally as intriguing. The newest book in the series, Shadowland, comes out in only a few short weeks and it’s only a matter of time before I get my hands on a copy.
Just a side note, I was listening to NPR this afternoon and they were interviewing Audrey Niffenegger, the author of the Time Traveler's Wife (one of my all-time favorite book). Unfortunately I had to go to work and was unable to listen to the show in its entirety. I went on the website to find it because I wanted to post a blog about it becasue she was talking about her new novel but I couldn't find it. Hopefully they will post the show sometime this week and there will be a new posting here about it!
Last week I read:
Evermore and Blue Moon by Alyson Noel
Reading right now:
The Dark Hills Divide by Patrick Carman
Reading this week:
Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
Chosen by Ted Dekker
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs