12 November 2009

Other than Books- Love/Hate

As much as I love to read, I also am interested in things other than books. That is why I have created a weekly post called Other than Books. This is a time when I can blog about other things such as my current favorite band, all-natural flu remedies, my love of chocolate, a great movie that I saw or maybe a stressful day at work. Feel free to grab my idea and have a day when you blog about something other than books; just remember to post a link to my blog, too!


We are quickly approaching the most wonderful time of the year. Cold weather, snow, hot chocolate, Christmas parties, and celebrating New Year’s in Las Vegas (for me at least). But with the love of these great seasons also comes the hateful, the most dreaded flu season. YUCK!!! Being sick sucks!! Especially now that the swine flu is being talked about on the news every night. I have already know two people who have come down it; luckily it was not serious. FACT: two-thirds of the swine flu’s fatal victims (those that died) were young adults between the ages of 24 to 60. I don’t know about you, but I know a lot of people that fall into that range, including myself! In order to protect myself from any kind of cold or flu, I use these all-natural precautions.





Vitamin C: I take a daily dose of 1000mg of Vitamin C a day! Its nature’s all natural way of helping support a healthy immune system whose sole job is to fight off the foreign germs and viruses that get into our bodies every day! Just like we eat fruits and vegetables to keep our bodies health, Vitamin C keeps the immune system healthy.




Emergen-C: Whenever I come into contact with a sick person (which is quite often since I work with children), I take an emergency dose of Emergen-C. Jam packed with 24 nutrients with antioxidants, electrolytes and 7 different types of B vitamins, this little pack of Vitamin C comes in a variety of tasty flavors.




Neti Pot: Sometimes I get a little sinus pressure in my nose and face even if I don’t have a cold or the flu. For an instant, all-natural cleanse of my sinus cavity, I use a Neti pot, also known as a nose bidet. Simply dissolve a packet of the pre-mixed gentle cleansing saline ingredients in the Neti pot and gently wash your nasal passages. Although it can feel weird at first, it leaves your sinus cavity feeling clean and clear with just one use.

These are just a few of the many all-natural flu and cold remedies out there. Since I love reading blogs and I would hate to see any bloggers come down with the Swine Flu, I recommend these precautions for a safe and healthy winter ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs