15 November 2009

In My Mailbox

Dear readers-

It has been such a long week! It took me forever to get through Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, the first adult fiction book I have read in a long time. Now I remember why I enjoy reading young adult books; if it takes me longer than 2 days to read a book, I lose interest pretty quickly. I also had a little bit of car trouble this week which was another reason why I only read 2 books. I am carrying over a few books from last week's In My Mailbox because I didn't get very many in.

**As always, these books were found at my local library or through the InterLibrary Loan System through the university I attend. None of these books were given to me for free.**

Here is what I will hopefully read this week:

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries. Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty-especially if they learn of her Sight-and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens. Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries. Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer. Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention. But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King, who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. His is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost-regardless of her plans or desires. Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; everything. Faery intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning twenty-first-century faery tale.

These were also in my mailbox but I have finished or mostly finished:


I read Thomas Randall's Dream of the Dead this week but it was not as good as I had expected it to be. I really enjoyed the element of the ancient Japanese legend and that it was set in Japan. But the book was kind of repetitive and almost a little cheesy. Because of its Japanese setting, I expected it to be a little more scary, closer to the movies The Grudge or The Ring. I liked all the Japanese phrases and the background history that was provided by the author e.g. the student's sense of propriety and politeness and the wearing of "slippers" in buildings.



New beginnings.
Shocking revelations.
Unexpected endings.
A spring turns into summer, Elizabeth relishes her new role as a young wife, while her sister, Diana, searches for adventure abroad. But when a surprising clue about their father's death comes to light, the Holland girls wonder at what cost a life of splendor comes.
Carolina Broad, society's newest darling, fans a flame from her past, oblivious to how it might burn her future. Penelope Schoonmaker is finally Manhattan royalty—but when a real prince visits the city, she covets a title that comes with a crown. Her husband, Henry, bravely went to war, only to discover that his father's rule extends well beyond New York's shores and that fighting for love may prove a losing battle.
In the dramatic conclusion to the bestselling Luxe series, New York's most dazzling socialites chase dreams, cling to promises, and tempt fate. As society watches what will become of the city's oldest families and newest fortunes, one question remains: Will its stars fade away or will they shine ever brighter?



This book is the much anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestselling book, Stargirl and centers around "the world's longest letter" in diary form. It picks up where the previous novel left off after Stargirl left Mica High and describes her bittersweet memories in the town of Mica, Arizona along with the involvements of new people in her life. In Love, Stargirl, we hear the voice of Stargirl as she reflects on time, life, Leo, and - of course - love







In My Mailbox is a weekly meme brought to us by Kristi @ The Story Siren.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs