12 June 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Reads



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's a meme of lists.

This week's topic is the Top Ten Books I'd recommend as good beach reads. This one is so fun!

1. The Summer series by Jenny Han- Totally fun and they take place mostly in the summer!

2. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Maston- I really loved this book and road trip books always remind me of summer! Second Chance Summer is probably great too and I plan to read it this summer!

3. Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker- I read this book and few months ago and it really made me want to read all the great summer romance books that I own! Kind of sad but a really great summer read!

4. Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs- Mermaid books remind me of the ocean and the ocean reminds me of the beach! What more do you want?

5. The Au Pairs by Melissa de la Cruz- Three words for you: Hot, hot, HOT!!

6. The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty- This is one of my favorite series ever and I can read it anytime of the year! But most of the books do take place during summer while Jessica gripes about what happened during the school year!

7. Moonglass by Jessi Kirby- A great beach read because the main character lives right on the beach and loves to surf with her dad! It really made me want to take a surf lesson. I also plan on reading In Honor this summer which is another road trip book!

8. Something Like Normal by Trish Dollar- I really liked this book and it's a really quick read!

9. Deadly Cool and Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday- These books are just so fun! Heartly is a great character and they're very entertaining!

10. Anything written by Jennifer Echols- Jennifer Echols is one of my all-time favorite contemporary authors! Everything she writes is great and her romances are so wonderful.  And I always love to read wonderful romances during the summer!

6 comments:

kayerj said...

fun reading for the beach, enjoy! kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Anonymous said...

Great list! Lots of authors I haven't read--thanks for the new "to-read" ideas.

Unknown said...

I have been seeing #2 on almost everybody's list... I will have to check this book out! and Also shut the front door! I didn't know Melissa DeLaCruz had a book called the The Au Pairs.. mind blown, need to get hands on it now! (I am actually going to er signing tonight in Santa Monica too)

Unknown said...

The Jessica darling Series, Yessss! I've only read the first 3, but I really love them so far (though Charmed Thirds kinda irritated me, not enough Marcus:)

Joie said...

LOVE all of your choices! I can't believe I forgot about Roger and Amy's Epic Detour! I also adored Unbreak My Heart--that was a great summer read!

Here’s my TTT

ChiKittie said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Your list is great. I love all of your choices. :) Forgive my fins rocked!

- Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs