27 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (60)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!

Title: The Dark Unwinding
Author: Sharon Cameron
Hitting the Shelves: September 01, 2012

A spine-tingling tale of steampunk and spies, intrigue and heart-racing romance!

When Katharine Tulman's inheritance is called into question by the rumor that her eccentric uncle is squandering away the family fortune, she is sent to his estate to have him committed to an asylum. But instead of a lunatic, Katharine discovers a genius inventor with his own set of rules, who employs a village of nine hundred people rescued from the workhouses of London.

Katharine is now torn between protecting her own inheritance and preserving the peculiar community she grows to care for deeply. And her choices are made even more complicated by a handsome apprentice, a secretive student, and fears for her own sanity.

As the mysteries of the estate begin to unravel, it is clear that not only is her uncle's world at stake, but also the state of England as Katharine knows it. With twists and turns at every corner, this heart-racing adventure will captivate readers with its intrigue, thrills, and romance.

What are you waiting for? 

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh this! I think I discovered this one a couple weeks ago, I agree it sounds really good and it's on my TBR as well :).

Sandy
My WoW

Read Write Reviews said...

Dang i love this cover! I also love your blog design too!

My WoW!

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

Oh yes, Crystal, I am SO with you. I want this one badly. It sounds so Gothic, which I couldn't be happier about! EEP. GREAT choice.

My WoW

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Ohhhhhh I am DEFINITELY looking forward to this one :D It looks SO awesome!!! Great pick :D

Krista said...

The Dark Unwinding sounds amazing! I am trying to branch out and read more Steampunk and this is going on that list. Thanks! Krista (BreatheInBooKs) Followed you!

SarahO. said...

Wow, this just sounds AWESOME and the cover looks GREAT!!! I haven't really read much steampunk before but I'll try it for this! Great pick!

My WoW

Elle said...

This looks delicious!! I have never read a steampunk before! Sounds GREAT! Thanks for stopping by!

Elle@Love Bigg Read Bigg

Kate said...

Great picks. Love the blog, new follower on GFC : )


my WOW

Krispy said...

Hadn't heard of this one, but I'll have to check it out now. Love stories set in this time period!

My WoW

Tiffany Drew said...

This is my first time coming across this, I'm adding it to my reading list!

Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent pick! I love gothic mysteries, especially set in the UK, and the cover is very attractive. :) Haha I agree, my TBR list always increases in size after doing a WoW post. :)

Leanne @The Reclusive Reader

-Ria xo said...

I don't know if this is the book for me, but "heart-racing romance" has intrigued me! I really hope you get to read it, Crystal.(:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs