13 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (58)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!

Title: Etiquette and Espionage
Author: Gail Carriger
Hitting the Shelves: February 05, 2013

It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea--and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right--but it's a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine's certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have a rousing first year at school.

First in a four book YA series set 25 years before the Parasol Protectorate but in the same universe.

What are you waiting for?

23 comments:

DarlingNickey said...

This has totally been on my wish list since Gail first announced it! Can't wait! Great choice :)

Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

Gwenyth Love said...

OK...this looks amazing! I will have to check this one out. Thanks for sharing! My WoW post.

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

This definitely sounds like a good one!!! I will have to add it to my TBR :) Thanks for sharing!!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Addie R. said...

This is my first time hearing of this and it sounds totally awesome!
Great pick!
And thanks for stopping by my WoW

Hollie said...

This one looks so awesome! I loved Soulless, but haven't read any more of of the series, but I'll definitely be picking this one up. Thanks for sharing!

My WoW

Sandy said...

Well that name is certainly a mouthful, Sophronia Temminnick, oh how cruel parents can be. And she also has an interesting interest - dismantling clocks. She's quirky, I like quirky and that school sounds completely bad ass. Thank-you so much for sharing this, adding it to my TBR right now!

Sandy
My WoW

Tammy Sparks said...

I saw this book a few weeks ago and was sooo excited! Need to add it to Goodreads right now:) Great choice!

fakesteph said...

This one looks SOOOO good. I love Gail Carriger.

Midnight Bloom said...

I haven't read Gail Carriger's adult novels, but I'm definitely going to be checking out her debut YA novel when it's released. It sounds awesome!

Liz @ Midnight Bloom Reads

Jenni said...

I've seen this one around for a while now and I really like the cover. Great pick!

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

I have the first book in this author's other series but haven't read it yet - but I'll fully admit that I REALLY want to read this one. :) Great pick, Crystal!

Lexie said...

Great choice! I'm very interested in the premise of this one. I think it could be really fantastic, if executed properly. :D

Mary @SweepingMe said...

I haven't heard of this one before. It sounds really good. I have to put it on my TBR list.

Great WOW!

Mary

Unknown said...

Wow, this one sounds awesome and super exciting! I LOVE the cover too :) I haven't read the Parasol Protectorate but I want to!

Thanks for the rec, and for stopping by my blog earlier. Have a great week!

Lori said...

I adore this cover! I'm not a huge fan of steampunk but I think I'll have to give this one a try~

Unknown said...

Great choice! I'm very interested in the premise of this one. I think it could be really fantastic, if executed properly. :D
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بيارات بالرياض
شركة عوازل بالرياض
شركة عزل حراري الرياض
شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض
شركة نظافة عامة بالرياض
شركة تنظيف قصور بالرياض
شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض

Unknown said...

You could market your company by adding as several facebook likes as you can, as folks consistently seek brand names as well as items that have great deal of likes on facebook. usa facebook likes

xccc said...

Are you presently eager to get level of popularity promptly? Online community site Twitter will be the perfect track for you. Next, you will need to find fast twitter followers to become renowned to our world. permanent twitter followers

Anonymous said...

mmorpg oyunlar
İnstagram Takipçi Satın Al
tiktok jeton hilesi
tiktok jeton hilesi
antalya saç ekimi
referans kimliği nedir
İnstagram Takipçi Satın Al
METİN2 PVP SERVERLAR
TAKİPCİ SATİN AL

Anonymous said...

Smm panel
smm panel
iş ilanları blog
instagram takipçi satın al
hirdavatciburada.com
Beyazesyateknikservisi.com.tr
Servis
tiktok para hilesi indir

ırmak said...

hakkari
üsküdar
şırnak
başakşehir
kartal

3S6LL

uğur said...

balıkesir
bandırma
bartın
başakşehir
batman
NZXYD

naz said...

milas
artvin
eyüpsultan
adıyaman
bingöl
5VHQX

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs