05 June 2012

Tween Tuesday: Partners in Crime by Kim Harrington

Tween Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by GreenBeanTeenQueen to highlight great reads for tweens.  Middle grade books are great and super fun to read!

Title: Partners in Crime
Author: Kim Harrington
Series: Sleuth or Dare #1
Genre: Mystery

Whodunit?

When best friends Darcy and Norah have to create a fake business for a school assignment, they come up with a great idea: a detective agency! Darcy loves mysteries, and Norah likes helping people, so it's a perfect fit.

But then their pretend agency gets a real case. Someone is missing, and it's up to Darcy and Norah to take on the search. Unfortunately, there's someone else out there who doesn't want the two detectives stirring up any trouble. . . .

With the help of hidden clues, spy gadgets, and trusted friends, can Darcy and Norah crack the case in time?

My thoughts: 

Honestly you guys, I never thought I would be interested in reading middle grade. But when I discovered that Kim Harrington had written a new middle grade mystery series, I thought I would give it a chance. And I’m so glad I did! It’s fun, fast and a really great adventure.

Harrington’s Partners in Crime really packs a lot of punch in less than two hundred pages. It literally had me guessing until almost the very end. It was a really in-depth mystery that I don’t think I would have been able to figure out on my own. After two seventh graders, who are best friends, create a fake detective agency as their class project, they get a real case and decide to see it out until the end.

The two best friend characters, Darcy and Norah, are super cute. Harrington is able to accurately portray the hopes, doubts, fears and the mindset of a middle school tween. I remember getting the butterflies in my stomach when a cute boy would smile at me and dramatically overanalyzing the super very important question “does he like me?” You get all this and more in Partners in Crime which is what makes it so fun.

This book was such a great and quick read. I can’t think of a better way to catch up on my Goodreads Reading Challenge than to read a book like this! I have to give Partners in Crime 4 hearts because there was actually somewhat of a cliffhanger and I’m really excited to read the next book!!


1 comments:

Lauren M said...

I'm always a bit wary of MG (will it be too 'young' for me to enjoy?), but Kim Harrington is definitely a pull. I loved Clarity! And that cover is adorable. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :)
- Lauren

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs