18 June 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: My Summer Reading List



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's a meme of lists.

This week's topic is the top ten books on your summer reading list! This one is so easy as I have already laid out my summer reading list!

1. Partials by Dan Wells- I have to read this book before July 10th because he is going to be signing with Veronica Roth on the Dark Days of Supernatural Tour! Super excited!!

2. Firelight by Sophie Jordan- I've owned this book for sometime now and I just haven't gotten around to reading it. But I will definitely read it this summer!

3. The Line by Teri Hall- This book was literally the first book I put on my TBR list when I first created by Goodreads account.  Needless to say, that was almost three years ago now so it's definitely one of the first ones I'm going to read!

4. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson- I need to have a good contemporary summer romance thrown in there!

5. Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock- It's been a really long time since I read a great werewolf novel and I'm hoping this one's it for me!

6. From Bad to Cursed by Katie Alender- Scary story! Enough said.

7. Betrayal by Gregg Olsen- I loved Envy so I can't wait to see what he brings to the table in Betrayal!

8. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline- I've heard only great things and I can't wait to jump into the computer generated world!

9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer- Of course I have to read Cinderella re-imagined!

10. Forgotten by Cat Patrick- Just like it's name, this book has been forgotten on my shelves for almost a year now. Even my mom has read this book!

13 comments:

Steph (Poetry to Prose) said...

Partials is on my list too! I've heard nothing but great things about it, and Dan Wells will be at Comic-Con when I'm there, so I'm excited to get to it. Cinder, Second Chance Summer, and Forgotten were all really great so I hope you enjoy them!

Christine said...

My husband is reading Ready Player One right now and really likes it. I saw that you have a California clock- not sure where you're from in the state, but the author is actually going to do a reading at Book Soup in LA in a few weeks.

Lee @ Rally the Readers said...

Having grown up in the 80's, I loved Ready Player One. Cinder was also a very good read. I hope that you like them both.

Our Top Ten

T said...

I genuinely loved Partials - one of my favourites of this year! Also, Cinder was awesome too! Looks like you're going to have an awesome summer - happy reading!

My TTT this week

Lori said...

Cinder is so good! I also loved Forgotten! I hope you enjoy them all. :)
My Top Ten

Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books said...

Second Chance Summer is on my list too, seems to be a great summer read! Cinder is one of my favourite reads of 2012, so brilliant and original even though it's a retelling! I hope you get to read that soon, it's fantastic. I've been wanting to read Partials for awhile too, Dan Wells will be here for comic-con and I'm hoping to before I meet him!

Happy reading :)
My Top Ten

Tanya Patrice said...

I loved Ready Player One and Cinder. Hope you get to all these books and enjoy them all :-)

TG said...

I just read Ready Player One and it was a lot of fun. If you like 80's movies and video games, you'll probably like it. I want to read Second Chance Summer, Cinder and Forgotten, too.

Unknown said...

Lots of good books here :). I haven't read any of these books but I heartd great things about Hemlock and Cinder.
I hope you'll enjoy reading them !

Stephen said...

On finally getting around to Firelight -- summer is a good time for catching up on the big TBR pile. Lots of nice weather in the mornings and evenings for reading and getting some sun at the same time. :)

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

I LOVED partials and ready player one so good!


marissa
http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Mary @ My Sisters Bookshelf said...

This is a fab list. Like the ones I've read, intrigued by ones I haven't. And I am really looking forward to Ready Player One!

Katja Weinert said...

Great list, we have Cinder and Partials in common. How cool is the book signing! I would love to get my books signed by Veronica Roth and once I get to read Partials I bet I'd want Dan Wells' too!
Happy reading :)

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs