20 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (59)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. This is one of my favorite memes because not only is my TBR pile so much bigger at the end of the night but also the covers are always amazing!

Title: Girl of Nightmares
Author: Kendare Blake
Hitting the Shelves: August 7, 2012

It’s been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can’t move on.

His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live—not walk around half dead. He knows they’re right, but in Cas’s eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.

Now he’s seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he’s asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong... these aren’t just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.

Cas doesn’t know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn’t deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it’s time for him to return the favor.

Why I want this: I just finished reading Anna Dressed in Blood and I absolutely loved it! It was everything I wanted in a ghost story! I also heard that Kendare Blake is going to be at ALA and they just might have this book! I really hope they do!!

What are you waiting for?

9 comments:

Annette Mills said...

I've been wanting this one too. Submitted requests, but no luck. Hope you are successful at ALA!

Jenna D. said...

Aw. I feel bad. I feel as though I was one of the few who didn't particularly like book one in this series. I will wait to see how everyone feels about The Girl of Nightmares before reading the second book... Hope you have luck picking this one up!

See my WOW

Sandy said...

The covers for the books in this series are so pretty and I've heard so many great things about Anna Dressed in Blood but I haven't read it because I can't take scary books :(. Was it scary?

Sandy
My WoW

brandileigh2003 said...

I haven't read Anna yet but they look good.
Hope you get it soon.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Vegan YA Nerds said...

I haven't read a lot about this series but I am definitely intrigued!

kimberlybuggie said...

Glad you're excited about it. I can't wait to read it!!!

Johanna said...

Gaaaaaaaahhhh! Too scary for my taste! Or I am to chicken...nnnnnnooooo! Now I wanna read the Book one! Grrrr!

My WoW

Johanna said...

Gaaaaaaaahhhh! Too scary for my taste! Or I am to chicken...nnnnnnooooo! Now I wanna read the Book one! Grrrr!

My WoW

fishgirl182 said...

if you see this at ala you have to find me so i can get one, too. :)

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs