12 June 2012

Tween Tuesday: Sleepover Stakeout by Kim Harrington

Tween Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by GreenBeanTeenQueen to highlight great reads for tweens. Middle grade books are great and super fun to read!

Title: Sleepover Stakeout
Author: Kim Harrington
Series: Sleuth or Dare #2
Genre: Mystery

WHO'S OUT THERE?

Norah and Darcy's detective agency, Partners in Crime, is taking on a new and chilling case. The girls' classmate, Maya, is hearing strange, crackling voices coming over the baby monitor while she's babysitting late at night. Maya is worried someone might be in danger.

To help investigate, Norah and Darcy join her for a sleepover stakeout. In between eating snacks and watching TV, the girls are on high alert for anything suspicious. Soon, they stumble upon a mysterious secret they never could have imagined -- but Norah and Darcy clash over how to interpret the new clues.

Can the girls get past their differences to see their way to the truth?

My thoughts: 

The Sleuth or Dare series by Kim Harrington is my first foray into middle grade and I have enjoyed every second of it! I love the mysterious atmosphere and the fact that these two twelve-year olds are trying to solve these light-hearted mysteries. They are so much fun and reminds me of how much I loved reading Harriet the Spy when I was younger!

I stayed away from middle grade for so long because I didn’t think I would like reading from the perspective of a tween. But there’s just something about this twelve-year old duo that I love! Their voices are so fresh and they end up solving really interesting mysteries instead of the same old “who done-it.” I love the way Norah and Darcy work together and play off each other’s strengths. We also see a lot more of their friendship and the intricacies of why they get along and not so much sometimes. I thought it was important to highlight Darcy’s jealousy when Norah starts hanging out with other people. It’s something that most friendships go through. Not everyone grows in the same ways and someone always ends up feeling left behind.

Again, I just absolutely loved this book and I can’t wait to read the next one! I am giving Sleepover Stakeout 4 hearts for making me think that I should be a private investigator!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and really want to know what you think! Comment away!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Cute Little Monster kit by MK-Designs